If you love the ocean and want to stay fit, you should try outrigger canoeing.
Benefits of Outrigger Canoeing:
- Paddling is a great workout. Outrigger canoeing is an aerobic and anaerobic sport. Outrigger canoeing will improve your cardiovascular fitness and it will increase your muscle strength.
- Best of all, paddling is a low impact exercise. There is a reduced risk of wear-and-tear on joints and tissues.
- You will make new friends. We have over 150 active members.
- Paddling is a great way to enjoy the ocean. You will see amazing ocean wildlife. We often see dolphins, sea lions, and whales.
- Several times each year Oceanside Outrigger Canoe Club offers Newcomer Clinics. The newcomer clinic is your chance to try outrigger canoe.
- If you’d like to come paddle with us, our Race Development program is every Saturday at 8:00 am throughout the winter. (weather permitting) Fees to join from October – December 2018 is $60.
- Now recruiting racers for the upcoming 2019 Race Season!
For any questions, please email our Recruiting Director.