If you love the ocean and want to stay fit, consider trying outrigger canoeing!
Benefits of Outrigger Canoeing:
- Paddling is a great workout. Outrigger canoeing is both an aerobic and anaerobic sport — it will improve your cardiovascular fitness and increase your muscle strength.
- Best of all, paddling is a low-impact exercise. There is a reduced risk of wear and tear on joints and tissues.
- You will make new friends. We have over 250 active members.
- Paddling is a great way to enjoy the ocean. You will see amazing ocean wildlife. We often see dolphins, sea lions, and whales.
- We offer Newcomer Clinics several times each year. These clinics are a great way to try outrigger canoeing. Completing a clinic is also a safety requirement before paddling at length in the open ocean where challenging situations may arise unexpectedly.
- Newcomer Clinics will resume in February 2020, and be held periodically through April, in conjunction with Spring training for OOCC’s upcoming race season
For any questions, please email our Recruiting Director.