If you love the ocean and want to stay fit, consider trying outrigger canoeing!
Benefits of Outrigger Canoeing:
- Paddling is a great workout. Outrigger canoeing is both an aerobic and anaerobic sport — it will improve your cardiovascular fitness and increase your muscle strength.
- Best of all, paddling is a low-impact exercise. There is a reduced risk of wear and tear on joints and tissues.
- You will make new friends. We have over 250 active members.
- Paddling is a great way to enjoy the ocean. You will see amazing ocean wildlife. We often see dolphins, sea lions, and whales.
- We offer Newcomer Clinics several times each year. These clinics are a great way to try outrigger canoeing. Completing a clinic is also a safety requirement before paddling at length in the open ocean where challenging situations may arise unexpectedly.
During springtime (now!), newcomers do their introductory paddle with the Novice Program instead of a separate clinic. This provides more opportunities each week to come and try the sport, as the Novice Program paddles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30pm until sunset, and Sundays, 8:30am – 11:00am.
For any questions, additional information on newcomer activities, or if you’d like more information before coming to your first paddle, please email our Recruiting Director.